Grasslands Holiday Park and Fishing Lakes
A family owned holiday park with three high quality fishing lakes beautifully set within 9.77 acres
- A well-constructed spacious four bedroom timber-clad timber framed, highly insulated residential property with a spacious balcony.
- Two holiday lodges with planning permission for a further eight units around the lake.
- Ten caravan pitches all fitted with Electric Hook Ups (EHU).
- 23 permanent fishing swims (around Mallard Lake and Heron Pool) alongside additional open bank fishing around Kingfisher Pond.
- In all about 9.77 acres (3.87 hectares) for sale as a whole
Gayton two miles. Kings Lynn seven miles. Brancaster 19 miles. Cambridge 47 miles
Grasslands presents purchasers with an exciting opportunity to acquire an extensive and well planned holiday park with potential for further holiday unit expansion. The site includes three extensive ponds that offer extensive fishing opportunities along with providing additional amenity benefits. The holiday park has been exceptionally well looked after and enhanced over the years by the existing owners. It presents purchasers with an incredibly rare opportunity to purchase an established holiday park in a rural and tranquil location in West Norfolk. Grasslands is being offered for sale as a whole.
Grasslands is located in the heart of West Norfolk. The local village of Gayton is approximately two miles away which includes a number of shops, services and a public house. The market and port town of King’s Lynn is approximately seven miles and includes a mainline rail link to London King’s Cross with a journey time of approximately 1 hour 48 minutes.
The property is located approximately 19 miles from the village of Brancaster and the North Norfolk coast. The coast boasts an array of excellent beaches, good sailing and bird watching opportunities along with renowned golfing and fishing prospects.
Situated in the heart of Grasslands to the south of Mallard Lake is a picturesque timber framed under a tile roof residential property. The house includes an extensive kitchen with two further reception rooms and four bedrooms (two of which are en-suite) alongside an additional family bathroom. The house benefits from recently installed fibre broadband allowing high quality internet access and the ability to work from home.
On the ground floor is a large kitchen, family room, utility room, entrance hall, lounge and study. On the first floor there are four bedrooms (two with en-suites), a further family bathroom and a galleried landing. The principal en-suite bedroom benefits from its own private balcony and impressive views over Mallard Lake. Access to the residential property is through the main entrance and along a separate driveway.
Outside, leading down to Mallard Lake is an extensive patio and garden which is perfect for entertaining and a great space for enjoying the views over the lake. There is an ancillary building which offers additional storage benefits. This bespoke property boasts four gable ends and the south aspect features two individual picture windows
Grasslands falls into Council Tax Band E, has mains electricity and water, LPG gas heating and hot water and a Biodisc drainage system.
Grasslands has two permanent two bedroom holiday lodges overlooking Heron Pool. One of the Holiday lodges has been sold off and pays a ground rent of £2,750 per annum. The other two-bedroom holiday lodge will be sold with vacant possession. There is planning permission in place for a further eight of these holiday lodges which haven’t been built. Further details of this agreement can be found with the selling agent.
There are five caravan pitches that are split by very pretty privet hedges to offer suitable privacy. There are further seasonal pitches located around Heron Pool which offers an extremely tranquil and relaxing setting for both fishing and bird-watching.
Grasslands possesses three high quality fishing lakes, the fisheries have received extensive maintenance and restoration over the years. Given the accessibility to and around the site with well connected tracks to all of the lakes, extensive parking and well managed swims, Grasslands has become locally renowned as being a high quality coarse fishery whist being well suited to anglers of all abilities.
Mallard Lake is the western most lake of the three fishing lakes at Grasslands. Extending to two acres of mature water with depths of from two feet to 12 feet. The lake itself is surrounded by an array of diverse trees and bushes and consists of three islands that promotes a variety of wildlife across the lake. In recent times, Mallard Lake has undergone extensive maintenance and management in order to allow Carp and Wels Catfish to prosper. It is a mixed fishery including roach, rudd, bream and tench.
Kingfisher is the youngest fishery at Grasslands and extends to approximately 0.5 acres with depths from two feet to six feet. Having been an established mixed fishery with carp, tench, bream, roach and rudd. Four years ago the carp only were removed for the lake to be part of an Environment Agency led scheme that looks at the re-introduction of crucian carp into suitable waters. Kingfisher Pond is now a flourishing crucian carp water.
Heron Pool is the fishery that is located furthest east at Grasslands. The pool extends to approximately 0.75 acres and is stocked with carp, and Wels Catfish, along with roach, rudd, bream and tench. Heron Pool is surrounded by the holiday lodges and seasonal pitches and can be enjoyed by people who are staying there. Heron Pool has well maintained bankside vegetation and has a number of purpose built timber platforms suitable for two anglers to share and so enhances the overall fishing experience at the fishery.
General remarks and stipulations
- Postcode: PE32 1LH
- Viewing: Strictly by appointment with the selling agent.
- Method of Sale: The property is offered for sale by private treaty as a whole. This is an asset sale and the vendor will not consider any offers on the trading business.
- Tenure and Possession: Freehold with vacant possession on completion save for one holiday let as mentioned in these particulars.
- Exchange of Contracts and Completion: A 10% deposit will be payable on exchange of contracts with the balance of the purchase price payable on completion.
- Planning: The previous planning application relating to the construction for 10 holiday units around the lake is 06/01736/FM.
- Sporting, Timber and Minerals: In so far as they are owned they are included in the sale
- Drainage Rates: Part of the property sits within the King’s Lynn Internal Drainage Board. Rates payable for the year to March 2024 are £28.98.
- Easements, Covenants, Rights of Way and Restrictions: Grasslands is offered for sale subject to and with the benefit of all existing wayleaves, easements, quasi-easements, rights of way, covenants and restrictions whether mentioned in these particulars or not. There is an electricity Wayleave from UK Power Networks. The last payment in April 2023 was for £26.11.
- Boundaries, Plans, Areas, Schedules and Disputes: The boundaries are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. The Purchaser(s) will be deemed to have full knowledge of the boundaries and any error or mistake shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation in respect thereof. Should any dispute arise as to boundaries or any points arise on the general remarks and stipulations, particulars, schedules, plan or the interpretation of any of them, such questions shall be referred to the selling agent whose decision acting as expert shall be final.
- VAT: Any guide price quoted or discussed is exclusive of VAT. In the event that a sale of the property or any part thereof, or any right to it becomes a chargeable supply for the purposes of VAT, such tax will be payable in addition.
- Local Authority: Grasslands sits within Kings Lynn and West Norfolk District Council, Kings Court, Chapel Street, King’s Lynn, PE30 1EX
Ward Gethin Archer
3 Regis Place,
North Lynn Industrial Estate,
Attention: Helen Godfrey
In accordance with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, once an offer has been accepted, the Purchaser(s) will be required to provide proof of identity and address prior to the instruction of solicitors
Want to get the latest properties?
If you would like to receive updates and notification on when new properties come to market, then why not sign up to receive our regular email
Want us to help you sell your property?
Do you have a property or fishery that you would like to list on this page? Just get in touch with our team now